Friday, October 23, 2009

Bus Damnit.

So it turns out that the LA metro system is only friendly to weekend revelers. Wanna get home by bus after 11 on a weeknight? Joke's on you sucker, you are ass outta luck. You would think that after three and half years I would know these things, and maybe I did once, but having it shoved in my face again reminded me how nice it would be if you could get around LA on public transit. Oh well right? But, we made it home, after texting a taxi. Yeah, thats right. You can text a taxi. You never even have to speak to a person. Then the cab comes, and you only have to tell him the address, no further conversation required. Amazing, to be home safe, not a word wasted.

In other bastardry, I realized last night, as our friends kicked out what are apparently the "freshest jams," that I have lost any connection with pop music. I don't listen to the radio, and I don't "club." So while I have heard of Lady Gaga, I wouldn't know her songs if you stood outside my window and blasted them from an overhead boombox. Same goes for the other neon wearing scene mavens whose dance beats keep the kids skinny these days. Kinda sad to realize that I am finally out of touch, and even closer to being old and square. For now though, I am content with moderately grumpy, balding and really in touch with the music I like, even if it does all sound the same to you. I am off to convince myself that Borknagar, The Takers, MLIW and The E-Street Band are not just the same sour kooks in different suits.

-OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment