Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today's victim is...

..."bloggiveways.cob" (name changed to protect the more or less innocent. But I bet you can figure it out if you REALLY want to). This site is a clearing house for blogs whose authors have gotten enough traffic to attract some attention from advertisers who decide that they can curry favor with the blogs preselected demographic by giving away something.

To take a step back in the name of fairness, I have never visited this site, and my exposure to it is only word of mouth. However, let me replay the conversation that led be to decide to "victimize" this site today:

A- So all you have to do is comment on the blog to entered into their giveaway!

B- But only blogs with a huge numbers of readers are selected to host these contests anyway...

A- I know that, so I only chose to enter the giveaways with the lowest number of readers and the soonest deadlines for entry. Clever no?

B- Quite clever. But, I am sorry to say, you should not have wasted those precious minutes of workplace procrastination, since I already own the complete cast of SeaQuest DSV action figures, so the ones you *may* win, will only be duplicates. Plus, mine are in the original packaging. Very valuable. And the dolphin will talk about Cathy Ireland if you put an AAA battery in his belly. Although, if you do, the package cautions you not to use it as a tub toy, despite the aquatic nature of Darwin, the character it portrays.

A- Oh. Asshole.

B- Yeah, just wait 'till we live in a house financed by my limited edition Capt. Nathan Bridger action figure with articulated shoulders for unlimited backstroking. And, if I could even begin to spell Lucas' last name, I would totally post that shit on ebay, since I have two of him, one with the Hawaiian shirt and one with no shirt at all. I could make bank. Serious fucking ducats. Seriously...

A- What? You are such a fucking nerd.

B- Yes.

A- Let's eat burritos.

B- Ok.

This shit is whack. But, if y'all want some free shit, hit it up. I don't even want a cut. Unless you win the 1993 Phillies action figure set. If you do, John Kruk is SO mine...

-OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment