Friday, October 1, 2010

Hot, like temperature, not like spicy...

Yeah, I know, anyone who has ever met me saw this one coming, but I couldn't get up tomorrow and look myself in mirror if I did not come through: Fuck this heat. While today is back down to the balmy 90s the record breaking 113 on Monday is still (literally) burned into my memory. September huh? Jesus.

In all fairness though, this was, weatherwise, the best summer ever. It was never hot, all summer long. Clearly El Nino, or Thor or whoever the fuck controls the weather was just biding their time, letting the blast furnace heat up a few extra degress before opening it up and pumping the bellows at Los Angeles. Which is nobler in the mind? To sweat a little bit all summer long, grumble about the heat and put up with my incessant shit talk, or to enjoy a three month June gloom that burns up in September like Georgia in front of Sherman? I guess I would have to choose the later, even if it means I have to pack a whole summer's worth of bastardry into a few weeks. At least I don't have a job to distract me from bitching about the heat, right?

1 comment:

  1. The LA summer is giving your Scarlett O'Hara a "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Sherman is here and the Union is stealing your china. And by china I mean will to live.

    I'll miss the 3 months of marine layer, but can't wait for what passes as Winter in these parts.

    ReplyDelete